Monday 3rd April I will launch my ‘Get Fit For Summer HITT Challenge’ which is free to all Fit + Fabulous Facebook friends @fitfabul0us. In order to track progress and see results I suggest that this week you carry out one or 2 of the following fitness tests. There are several that you can can do for resistance or cardiovascular fitness and require little or no equipment; take your pick:
- Squat test – as many as you can with no rest until unable to continue.
- Sit up test – as many sit ups as you can in 30 seconds with no rest.
- Press up test – as many as you can with no rest until unable to continue.
- Rockport test – walk 1 mile as fast as you can without stopping.
- Cooper test – run for 12 minutes continuously without stopping at the same pace.
By carrying out these tests at the start and then repeating the same ones at the end of the month, will enable you to monitor your fitness results clearly. You can also take body measurements at the start and then at the end of the month if your goal is for weight loss.
If you have any queries please contact me!