Aerobic exercises, sometimes referred to as cardiovascular exercise, is physical activity of low to medium intensity using oxygen to fuel energy demands of the body. Some common examples are walking, running, swimming, cycling and aerobic classes of a medium to long time.
The health benefits to aerobic exercise are endless. Through regular cardiovascular exercise we lower blood pressure, help regulate blood sugar, aid weight loss, improve sleep, strengthens the immune system and boost endorphins. Improving the risk of heart disease, diabetes, obesity and mental health issues – all of which are escalating problems faced by many in Scotland.
The American College of Sport (“ACSM”) recommend that:
- Adults should get at least 150 minutes of moderate-intensity exercise per week.
- Exercise recommendations can be met through 30-60 minutes of moderate-intensity exercise (five days per week) or 20-60 minutes of vigorous-intensity exercise (three days per week).
- One continuous session and multiple shorter sessions (of at least 10 minutes) are both acceptable to accumulate desired amount of daily exercise.
- Gradual progression of exercise time, frequency and intensity is recommended for best adherence and least injury risk.
- People unable to meet these minimums can still benefit from some activity.
What we offer
Whether new or experienced in cardiovascular activities Fit + Fabulous can offer advice on training strategies to continually improving your level of fitness. Using industry leading training strategies and equipment we aim to keep it fun and exciting helping you achieve your specific goals.
If you are interested in trying our cardio sessions either yourself or in a small group session why not Contact Us and let Fit + Fabulous tailor a session just for you.